Asthma is a long term condition affecting the breathing tubes (bronchioles), in the lungs. The muscles around the bronchioles become tight and swelling plus mucus develops inside the bronchioles.
Have you seen one of our asthma trained nurses for an asthma clinic review?
Our asthma nurse can help you and/or your child with the following:
- Preventing and coping with triggers
- Using your inhalers correctly – Preventer and Reliever
- Measuring how well you are currently breathing on your current asthma medications/inhalers
- Understanding your medications/inhalers
- Completing an Action Plan so you have control of your asthma
Please take a minute to think about the following questions
- Do you wake up at night or early in the morning with a cough, wheeze or tight feeling in your chest?
- Do you cough, wheeze or have a tight feeling in your chest on more than 2 days per week?
- Does your asthma prevent you from doing activities that you once enjoyed?
- Do you use your reliever most days or more than 4 puffs per week?
- Have you had a spirometry test in the last 3 years?
- Do you currently smoke? Most important do you know what to do in an asthma attack?
IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THESE SIX QUESTIONS, WE WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU. YOU MAY THINK YOUR ASTHMA IS UNDER CONTROL BUT IT MAY NOT BE!
Please call the Surgery on 4795422 to make a Free appointment with our asthma nurses.